Volunteering with CAAC can be rewarding in many ways, and for many of the roles no athletics experience is required. We welcome volunteers from our membership, their friends, families and indeed the wider community.
- CAAC can help match your skills and available time to ensure you are in the best position possible.
- New volunteers can try their chosen role on a trial basis before committing.
- New volunteers will always be supported by those more experienced.
- Any training costs can be met by the club..
- Many of the roles can be used by those doing their Duke of Edinburgh award.
- Many qualifications gained will enhance your C.V. or help with a Further Education application.
- The club will conduct a PVG check for some roles at no personal cost.
Where do we need help?
We are always looking for the following and can take as many volunteers as possible in these key areas.
Help at Training: From 1.5 hours per week helping our existing coaches to deliver the sessions. This role is key in getting more athletes into the club and allow us to follow the welfare ratios. If you enjoy this role then we can look at putting you through some qualifications.
Officiating: From 3 hours per month during competition season. It takes upwards of 60 officials to help run most meetings with many different roles, and all clubs are required to provide officials for league matches. This role is vital in allowing athletes to compete on a safe platform. Ideally you would start with some small club competitions, then go through some courses.
The following roles are more specific and role sharing is possible:
CAAC Cross Country Results Coordinator. 2 hours per month during winter. To maintain and update the Club Champs results spreadsheet by filtering and sorting CAAC results from the overall results. You will be supported by our ClubTogether Officer, Harry.
Publicity Officer: 2 hours per month creating stories based on club activities for the local press, club website and social media. Our outgoing PO will provide initial support.
Photographer 2 hours per month to attend occasional training and competition creating a library of photo’s for our website and social media channels.
Club Leaflet Design is a one-off opening and the leaflet would be used to promote the club in schools and the wider community.
In addition to the above we have many more roles covering a very diverse skill set including the roles below which would be as part of an existing team.
- Arranging social events,
- Marshalling at club road races,
- Community engagement,
- Web and social media admin…………
If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering with CAAC in ANY capacity then please fill out this form.
Please have a look at the other pages in this section for further info and to hear stories from our current volunteers.