The Scottish Athletics League is the main league competition for men’s athletics in Scotland (the equivalent league for women is the Scottish Women’s League). The league usually organises four matches each season and all matches have a full set of track events from 100m to 5,000m along with 4x100m and 4x400m relays. Division 1 matches have a full set of field events, while Division 2 typically has seven out of the eight field events at each match. At each match, clubs can field two athletes per event.
Find out more about the Men’s League here.
CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE
The East District Cross Country League consists of 3 meetings per year hosted by member clubs.
The dates and venues for season 2018-9 are:
|20/10/2018||Stirling University||Central AC|
|24/11/2018||Broxburn (Broxburn Academy)||
|Corstorphine AAC & Ferranti AAC|
|19/01/2019||Livingston (Deans High School)||
|Livingston AC & Lothian RC|
Event information will appear on the SAL Events website.
From Winter 2016/2017 all competitors in the league should be members of the Scottish Athletics membership scheme. The only exceptions are athletes in the Under 11 races who are not required to be members of the membership scheme.
Race times are:
|Under 11 Girls – born 1/9/2007 to 31/8/2009 inclusively||12.00 noon|
|Under 11 Boys – born 1/9/2007 to 31/8/2009 inclusively||12.15 pm|
|Under 13 Girls – born 1/9/2005 to 31/8/2007 inclusively||12.30 pm|
|Under 13 Boys – born 1/9/2005 to 31/8/2007 inclusively||12.50 pm|
|Under 17 Men – born 1/9/2001 to 31/8/2003 inclusively||13.05 pm|
|U20/Senior/Masters Women – born before 1/9/2001||13.10 pm|
|Under 15 Boys – born 1/9/2003 to 31/8/2005 inclusively||13.45 pm|
|Under 15 Girls – born 1/9/2003 to 31/8/2005 inclusively
Under 17 Women – born 1/9/2001 to 31/8/2003 inclusively
Stirling, Broxburn, Livingston
|13.55, 13.48, TBA pm|
|Under 20/Senior/Masters Men – born before 1/9/2001||14.15 pm|
Each club or school that competes in the league has its own club number. In all races athletes wear that club number. Somebody from the club, usually the team manager, hands in a slip of paper after each race with the names of runners in order of finishing. The clubs provides the numbers.
Senior and U17 Women should have an “L” and U20 Women a “J”. Masters women should have a “LV” after their club number.
In the Senior Mens Race Masters mark a large “V” after their club number while U20 Men mark a large “J”.
There is no need to enter or declare on the day. At the end of the season each club or school pays subscriptions based on the number of finishers in all races through the season.
Club numbers are listed here
- Short Course Championships: Saturday 10th November, Lanark
- District Championships: Saturday 8th December, Aberdeen
- Inter-District Championships: Saturday 12th January 2019, Stirling
- Masters Cross Country Championships: Saturday 2nd February 2019, Hawick
- National Cross Country Championships: Saturday 23rd February 2019, Falkirk
- North District Road 10 Mile: Sunday 16th December, Lossiemouth Turkey Trot
- Young Athletes Road Races 2019: Sunday 17th March 2019, Ingliston
- 6/4 Stage Road Relays 2019: Sunday 24th March 2019, Livingston
Track and Field (Indoor) 2019
- Indoor 3000m Championship: Friday 4th January, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- FPSG National Indoor Open: Saturday 12th January, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- FPSG National Indoor U17 and Senior Championships: Saturday 26th January, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- FPSG National Indoor U13/U15/U20 Championships: Saturday & Sunday 2nd & 3rd February, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- FPSG Indoor SUPERteams: Sunday 10th February, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- FPSG National Indoor Combined Events Championships: Saturday & Sunday 16th & 17th February, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- FPSG National Indoor Relay Championships: Saturday 16th February, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
- FPSG National Indoor Masters Championships: Sunday 17th February, Emirates Arena, Glasgow
Track and Field (Outdoor) 2019
- National 10,000m Championship: Friday 19th April, Glasgow
- FPSG District Championships: Friday 10th-Sunday 12th May, Grangemouth, Inverness and Kilmarnock
- National Masters 5,000m Championships: Sunday 26th May, TBC
- National 3000m Championships (U17/U20): Friday 31st May, Glasgow
- East & West District 5,000m Championships: Friday 31st May, Glasgow
- FPSG SUPERteams: Saturday 15th June, Scotstoun, Glasgow
- FPSG National Combined Events Championships: Saturday & Sunday 13th & 14th July, Grangemouth
- FPSG National Masters Championships: Saturday 13th July, Grangemouth
- FPSG National U13/U15/U20 Championships: Saturday & Sunday 10th & 11th August, Grangemouth
- FPSG National U17 & Senior Championships: Saturday & Sunday 17th & 18th August, Grangemouth
- National Masters 10,000m Championships: Saturday 31st August, TBC
- FPSG National Relay Championships: Sunday 15th September, TBC