League We compete in the East District Cross Country League, which has three meetings over the season. This is open for U11 up to Masters
- There is no team selection or restriction on numbers for this league
- You simply turn up, report to the club banner to collect your number and run.
You will run in your age groups with the top finishers counting towards the score for their age group team. Each age group team then has their scores put towards the club total.
See here for more info on the East District Cross Country League including timetables, venues and course maps….. Fixtures will also be loaded to our own calendar on our website
East District Champs & National Championships (including the Short Course)
- Coaches and team managers will canvass for interest and again there is no restriction on the numbers that can run.
- Individuals can either enter this event directly with the organisers or via a club entry system – just let the club know you wish to be included.
- An entry fee is applicable and a closing date applies
Cross Country Relay Events
There are two relay events over the year – Districts and Nationals
- Coaches and team managers will canvass for interest and Team Managers will select the teams
- Junior teams will consist of one U13 athlete, one U15 athlete then either an U17 or U20 athlete. Each athlete will run their age group distance then pass onto the next age group.
- If you are selected then withdraw you will be letting down your teammates
Events per age group
|East District League||y||y||y||y||y||y||y|
|East District Championships||n||y||y||y||y||y||y|
|Masters Scottish Championships||n||n||n||n||n||n||y|
|Short Course Championships||n||n||Y||y||y||y||y|
The club also arrange some friendly cross country meeting with neighbouring clubs for our juniors athletes