This guide explains how the various competition work, including the CAAC Cross Country Championship
East District League (U11 to Masters)
- The East District League has three races over the season
- There is no team selection or restriction on numbers for this league. Please talk to your coach if you are interested in taking part.
- You simply turn up, report to the club banner to collect your number and run.
- There is no cost to enter these races.
- Athletes run in their age groups, with the top finishers for each club counting towards the score for their age group team.
- Each age group team then has their scores put towards the club’s overall male and overall female totals.
- See here for more info on the East District Cross Country League including timetables, age groups, dates, venues.
- East 1 | 14th Oct | Kirkcaldy | No need to declare
- East 2 | 18th Nov | Dundee | No need to declare
- East 3 | 27th Jan | Bathgate | No need to declare
CAAC are in the East District with two events over the season for U13 to Masters. The events are, the East District Relays* and East District Championships. Athletes will be asked in advance if they wish to enter these events.
*Junior relays will be made up of one athlete form each age group (U13 – U15 – U17) running their own leg before passing to their team mate in the next age group. Senior teams are made up of 4 athletes, U20 and upwards. The further info links below will take you to venues, maps schedules…….
- District Relays | 7th Oct | Venue & Further Info | Declare Here
- District Champs | 2nd Dec | Venue & Further Info | Declare Here
Scottish National Events
These events are the National Relays, National Champs – both for U13 to Masters. Then we have National Short Course Champs’ (U15 upwards) and finally the National Masters Champs’ Again, athletes will be asked in advance if they wish to enter these events. The further info links below will take you to venues, maps schedules…….
- National Relays | 21st Oct | Venue & Further Info | Declare Here
- National Short Course | 4th Nov | Venue & Further Info | Declare Here
- National Masters | 11th Feb | Venue & Further Info | Declare Here
- National Champs | 24th Feb | Venue & Further Info | Declare Here
We will arrange a friendly match with Harmeny for our Juniors and some clubs have Open Meetings – details for these can be found on the Scottish Athletics website
- Harmeny Friendly | Date TBC | Venue | Declare here (will open when date confirmed)
CAAC Cross Country Championships
- Under 11’s will have four races counting races, with their best three results counting towards their Club Champs. The U11 races are; East League x 3 and Harmeny Friendly.
- Under 13’s will have six races, with their best four results to count. The U13 races are; East League x 3, Harmeny Friendly, District and National Champs
- All other age groups will have six races, with their best four results to count. Their races are; East League x 3, Short Course, District and National Champs
- Scoring – all non CAAC athletes are discarded from the final results and you will only score against fellow CAAC athletes.
- One point will be awarded to the first place CAAC athlete, 2 points to the second placed CAAC athlete…………
- The athlete with the lowest scores from the required number of races is our Champion in each age group/gender
- Ties will be decided by the head to head record of those tied.
- If still tied the result from the national champs will decide.
- Latest scores may be viewed here
Important note For all these events your scottishathletics and CAAC membership must be in date.