The CAAC T&F Championships will be held on Saturday 9th September at Saughton Sports Enclosure, followed by the club picnic. Nibbles and drinks……. will be provided by the club, but folk should bring their own sandwiches etc.
All club members are encouraged to take part, either by competing or by helping out on the day! Friends and family are very welcome to come along and join in the games. Extra helpers especially welcome!
Entries, Format & Scoring
Entries can be accepted on the day, but please help us by registering by Sept 2nd via this link
This is a free event, but we would welcome donations of food to go to the Community One Stop Shop Broomhouse
The competition consists of four events for each age group and these are listed in the table below.
- U9 Boys & Girls 60m – 300m – LJ – Turbo Jav
- U11 Boys & Girls 100m – 600m – LJ – Turbo Jav
- U13 Boys & Girls 100m – 800m – HJ – Turbo Jav
- U15 Boys & Girls 100m – 800m – HJ – Turbo Jav
- U17 Men 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- U20 Men 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- Sen Men 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- Masters Men 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- U17 Women 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- U20 Women 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- Sen Women 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- Masters Women 200m – 1 Mile – LJ – SP
- All Frame Runners 100m – 400m – LJ – Turbo Jav
The scores will be calculated on the position of each athlete in each event. The winner in each age group will be the athlete with the lowest score from all four events. Example: If you finish 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th in your events, your score will be (1+3+5+6) = 15 points.
One penalty point more than the total number of competitors in that competition group will be awarded to athletes who fail any event (e.g. you do not finish in an event, and there were 10 athletes in total, you would have 11 pts). If more than one did not finish that event, each would score 11 points.
Help and Timings
Help will be required to support our officials and coaches to deliver this event. If you can help please indicate so in the entry form.
The timetable and final event info will be communicated when we have the entries, but a rough schedule is.
10.00am – Club Championships.
12.45pm – Relays, Potted Sports for all the family.
1.30pm – Picnic.
2.00pm – Presentation of Club Championship trophies followed by Football and Rounders.