Well done to all the athletes who took part in the recent match versus Harmeny AC, and to those parents who helped out. We will be looking to run more in-house events like this. In addition, we are also now in league season where we need to supply a quota of helpers. Of course all this takes even more help, so we are looking to run an in-house Club Officials Mentoring Programme.
- This would take place on training nights (when the kids are already there) in a relaxed and friendly manner
- It is open to athletes, parents, friends, family and the wider community
- It would be spread over 5 or 6 weeks. Proposed dates are May 19th, 26th, June 2nd, 9th & 16th (although you don’t have to do them all, and we can tweak the dates a bit)
- Each week would cover a different discipline where our existing officials would show you the basics.
- At the end of the block on June 23rd we would run an Assistant Officials Course and you would become qualified.
- A PVG check and an online Child Safeguarding module would also be needed.
This is free to you and would be a great help to the club for both our own events and league competitions. Please email email@example.com if you are interested and Harry will get more info to you.
Why not see why some of our existing officials originally got involved by reading their back stories.